LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Achilles Tendinitis :-(

   Well on Thursday I went to go and do my couch to 5k, and it did not go all that well... I was supposed to walk 5 minutes Jog 6 minutes, and then walk another 5 minutes, what I actually got done was walked 5 minutes, jogged a grand total of 4 and a half minutes of broken up chunks and then I walked to the car and went home, where I proceeded to keep my foot on ice almost all day! My Achilles tendon was killing me.
   I had a doctors appointment on Friday, and thought I would get him to look at my ankle, and see if I can continue my couch to 5k, and see what I should be doing for the pain. My doctor confirmed that I do have Achilles tendinitis, and that until it heels completely, I am supposed to stay off of it as much as possible, and definitely no running/jogging. He showed me some stretches that I should be doing, and gave me some anti-inflammatory cream to rub into my ankle. I am slowly noticing a difference, and my ankle is slowly starting to feel better, but I am feeling really lazy, and I just want to do my couch to 5k, but now it looks like I am going to have to back track a little when I start up again!

   I am determined however to find some sort of exercise that I can do to stay active well I am injured!

   Well that is all there is for now! I should be updating in the next day or two.


Take Care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment